RAWBangkok

T DED 99

Thursday, 5 March 2009 · 18 Comments

sk1
It sounds like the component number for a piece of electronics. It probably has some very meaningful message for young Thai guys, but for me it’s a strange name for a go go bar. But that’s what T DED 99 is — a go go bar.

It’s in the Thai go go area of Suthisan Road.  It’s not new… it’s been around a long time, and because of it’s corner position and it’s large neon signage, it’s always been the most recognizable landmark to let you know that you had reached your destination.

But in the past the bar sucked.  It was medium sized as far as seating was concerned, but it had one small stage and usually only one or two girls dancing.  When I visited in the past they were always fat.

A few months back T DED 99 took over the space occupied by a couple of neighbors and turned into a BIG go go bar.  They now have two stages. When I went there a few weeks ago they had seven girls dancing on each stage — a total of 14 in all.

The girls were mostly on the petite side (the way I like ‘em) and generally fairly attractive.

T DED 99 felt less like the other Thai go go bars, and MUCH more like the kind of go go you would find in Nana Plaza.  In fact, with it’s layout it had a touch of Rainbow 4 feel about it.

One of the nice things about Sutisan Road go go bars is that you don’t have to negotiate price.  Short time is 1,500 baht (that’s barfine and the girl’s services together in one all-inclusive price) for a 3-hour session.

Long time is 2,500 baht (all-inclusive) for overnight.

The price is the same in every bar.

I took a fancy to a tiny dancer in TD99… one of the male service staff quoted me the usual prices (1,500 and 2,500) for ST or LT.  I told him I wanted to think a minute about whether to go ST or LT.

It’s normal in these places for customers to deal with the male staff, but there is normally a mamasan to manage the girls.

After thinking for two minutes I signalled to the mamasan, and told her that I’d like to take the tiny girl Short Time.

THe mamasan said “Okay, that’s 2,000 baht”

I won’t try to dictate the entire ensuing conversation.  Suffice to say it was lengthy and unpleasant.  It included me saying that I’d already been quoted the correct price.  It included her telling me that this wasn’t a farang bar; it was different.  I explained that I’d been coming to Suthisan Road for a long time and I knew how things worked.

In the end, the mamasan told the girl that she COULDN’T go with me at any price.

I’m confident that the mamasan was just trying it on, thinking that she had an unknowing tourist on her hands (I was speaking English, not Thai) and she got caught.  If it was standard practice the Thai guy wouldn’t have quoted me normal price.

So, aside from that small issue with the Mamasan, things were fine with TD99.  Beer prices were 100 baht for a large bottle of beer, 80 baht for small bottles.  The girls looked good.  There were LOTS of girls.  At 11:30 pm they did a 6-girl all-nude dance show.  At midnight they did a three-girl lesbian show.  The service from everyone that wasn’t the mamasan was good, and the attitude from the little dancing girl I bought the drink for was fabulous.

She had a rock-hard body without an ounce of fat, a decent face, she could drink like a fish and she didn’t hesitate when I asked her to go home with me.

If you haven’t been to Suthisan Road before, or if it’s been a while, TD 99 offers a reason to visit soon.  I would say that there are now 4 decent go go bars on Suthisan Road.  In my current order of preference I would rate them:

1. TD99

2. For You

3. Music VDO

4. Harlem Nights

There are a couple of other go go bars there, along with a karaoke bar or two, but they mostly suck.

So, for something a little different, take the BTS to Saphan Kwai station.  Walk past Big C, and when you reach the large intersection with a stoplight, you can turn left on Suthisan Road.

At first it feels like Suthisan is a big street like Silom Road, but it lasts only for a block or two, then it abruptly takes an S-turn left, then right, and becomes a small undivided road.  It is less than three blocks from the stoplight near Big C to the front door of TD 99.

free hit counter

Add to Technorati Favorites

Categories: Reviews · Sex & Nightlife · werewolf blogs
Tagged: For You, Music VDO, Suthisan Road, TD99

18 responses so far ↓

• John Brown // Thursday, 5 March 2009 at 6:24 pm | Reply

Hey… you just reminded me that I didn’t make it to Suthisan Road last month… Damn it!

Oh well, roll on April 6th…

• Mike // Thursday, 5 March 2009 at 8:20 pm | Reply

Are the Suthisan girls happy to travel to the farang ghetto of Suk. for a LT, or do they want to stick to a ST in a nearby ST hotel ?

• Kilgore Trout // Thursday, 5 March 2009 at 9:06 pm | Reply

Nice place, cept they try to rip off farangs.
    Too bad.

• Werewolf // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 12:57 am | Reply

Mike,

I’ve seen plenty of girls happy to go LT to Suk.

That said, some girls only want to go ST and some don’t want to deal with farang at all.

KT: I wouldn’t judge too harshly… I’ve been to Suthisan Road dozens of times… first time anyone’s tried to rip me off. I get a lot worse treatment at Soi Cowboy and Nana.

• Philip // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 3:14 am | Reply

Hi WW,

After reading your previous post a while back I made it over to Sutisan Road last December, actually TD99 was the first bar I visited.

Really enjoyed it… also nice not to drink with with the football shirted / skinheaded / tattooed farang riff raff that populate Thailand these days!

I did mean to buy you a few drinks for the great advice and entertainment you provide. Ask OnNutter – he knows me!!

Getting a bit carried away here.. just wanted to say I agree with you about this bar area, great place. Also, I thought the girls where much better looking that most of the Farang gogo bar areas.

Hope your feeling better and keep up the blog!

Philip

• gavinmac // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 9:40 am | Reply

Good info. I’ll have to go there sometime.

I guess I should probably go to Patpong once first. I’ve never actually escaped the Sukhumvit area.

• Werewolf // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 9:42 am | Reply

Phillip,

I do have to say, though, that a go go is a go go when it comes to the general population of it’s customers. The Thai guys that are inside swilling beer, gawking at the dancers and barfining them for sex aren’t exactly ambassadors, CEOs and surgeons either. Of course, that’s not necessarily a bad thing…

• Werewolf // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 9:44 am | Reply

gavinmac: given the choice, I’d probably go to Suthisan before Patpong. Actually, for you it might be necessary to work in baby steps. You know Soi 4, obviously. You may want to begin by finding Soi 8…

• Mark Lamerton // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 1:25 pm | Reply

Saphan Kwai is also an interesting area to try, but only if you speak a little Thai. It’s cheaper, many of the bars have a lounge-like atmosphere, and the girls aren’t pushy. The girls also tend to hang around outside the bars at closing time (1am) hoping to be picked up – no bar fines involved.

I’d recommend going early in the week when it’s quiet and they need the business, and unlikely any Thai guys would be put out.

tfs2m.com has a very detailed write up under “The Gogo Bars of Saphan Kwai”.

• gavinmac // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 2:01 pm | Reply

Thanks WW. I like being able to tell people that I’ve never been to Patpong. I’m hoping it makes me seem less sleazy.

I’ve actually been to Bangkok about a dozen times, but I don’t remember ever staying for more than two nights in a row. The first two times I stayed on Khao San Road, the last ten or so times on Sukhumvit. I did take the skytrain somewhere off Sukhumvit once. All the rest of my time has been spent between Soi Zero and Soi 33.

I’ve hit most of the odd numbered sois, and Queen’s Park Plaza, but I can’t say that I’ve ever been to Soi 8. I may check it out in a few months.

• Werewolf // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 4:35 pm | Reply

Soi 8 = Lolitas

• John Brown // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 6:55 pm | Reply

BTW, the photo reminds me of a Hitchcock movie. Not sure why… :)

• Werewolf // Friday, 6 March 2009 at 11:00 pm | Reply

Because of the highly artistic lighting and composition. This one wasn’t a google job — Thanks to Big Baby Kenny for supplying the photo.

• NurseRon // Saturday, 7 March 2009 at 9:45 am | Reply

you know how I feel about Suthisan Road gogo’s…I’m a bit bummed you had a run in but as you say, we all have had our share of shit thrown about in Cowboy and Nana…And I really dig all the attention we get at those places. Did you ever make it back to that one gogo with that smoking hot dancer who already had a customer? Mmmmhaaa, she was special!
    Hope your feeling better and the wounds are clean, dry and healing as they should?

• KM // Wednesday, 25 March 2009 at 12:47 pm | Reply

i’m really happy that farangs get a bad deal. stupid farangs should just stay in their own play area.
    more farangs should get murdered so they will learn that thailand don’t need farangs. can survive.
    GO HOME FARANG!!

• Werewolf // Wednesday, 25 March 2009 at 9:42 pm | Reply

KM: you’re an idiot. Please stay off of farang blogs and in your own “play area”. We don’t want you reading our shit any more than you want us drinking in your bars. Really. You are a fucking loser. I hope you get an infectious disease that disfigures you without quite killing you, and that you end up begging for satang from farang on Sukhumvit Road. I hope that on a particularly hot day in the middle of summer you will be begging as I walk by and I am forced to step over your head as you lay prostrate begging for the scraps that I can offer you and that some dogshit accidentally drops off the bottom of my shoe onto the top of your head. By the way, “can survive” isn’t a sentence you fucking moron. And you might want to learn the rules for capitalization… and subject-verb agreement.

Oh yeah… I only get a bad deal if I am too stupid to realize it and actually PAY the wrong price. Otherwise, I am intelligent and aware enough NOT to get cheated. Clearly I am much smarter than you since you can’t even understand the point of a simple blog written in 6th grade English.

Loser.

By the way, thanks for your comment and welcome to the blog! I enjoy fucking your women.

WW

• Riodon // Thursday, 26 March 2009 at 7:39 am | Reply

Wow! Welcome back WW!

• DOCSMITH // Thursday, 26 March 2009 at 1:18 pm | Reply

Did TD 99 last week and everything is as descibed by you and the comments. Mid week was pretty quite but we were made more than welcome by the staff. From the doorman to the papasam, everyone was friendly and helpful.

The girls had a great attitude. No problem if you didn’t get on with her, just told the papasan, he apologised and asked her to leave. She waied and left apologising as well.

As you said the Thai guys are there for exactly the same thing as us and there was no “go home farang” from them.

Prices are more than reasonable. A bottle of 100 Pipers was 450 baht plus mixers.

I am sorry if I upset KM by fucking his girlfriend in her apartment paid for by him, after she drove me there in his car, but she did say he has a complex about his small cock and impotence. Blames it on us farang she told me. I knew when he arrived in the morning and told you I WW told me to go to TD 99 you were upset.